CSS to use:
“Good photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field”
Hi-hello. I am so glad you are here and taking the time to get to know me.
I blabber a lot and I have a lot of feelings. It’s generally caffeine induced word vomit, but I have a lot to say, sometimes about nothing at all. I like to think this makes me approachable and I bring it into my life and every session, but definitely after caffeine.
As you have probably guessed, I love photography and creating memories with my lens. But I really love how my cameras show me the beauty in the world. Not just pretty things, but amazing relationships and out of this world people. I’ve always been big on sentiment and the precious memories of the every day. Heck, when my now husband (woo) Matt first moved in with me, I threw out (recycled because I care about our planet) 47 diaries. FOURTY SEVEN. I regret it now but I didn’t want him to accidentally stumble upon them and realise he’d moved in with a crazy person. (I’ve locked that down now so it’s okay.) But I wrote down everything. I also photographed everything and that’s where my love came from. It started with my guinea pigs, to the funny concerts my siblings and I would put on for our parents, to every single lunchtime at school, to my brother’s gigs, to parties - to your story. I think there is so much beauty in the every day and it should all be treasured. I love how I can create a legacy of memories for other people, as it’s something I’ve treasured doing for myself. I love looking back on photos I have taken from a time I didn’t really think was significant, and getting the warm fuzzies because it actually was.
You know I like photography and that’s what I do, so when I’m not out shooting, you can find me binge watching shows while editing, cleaning my glasses because I probably cried to the show, wishing I had a dog or rechecking the fridge for new snacks. When I’m not working, you can find me hanging out with my wonderful, amazing husband; generally watching movies and eating, sometimes at home, sometimes out. You can find me paddle boarding and bike riding about three times a year.
Fun facts about me.
1. I’m a vegan. I love animals so much and also want to do as much as I can to protect the environment from further damage.
2. I lived in England with Matt for a total of 2 years.
3. Eons ago, Michael Franti chose me to get on stage with him at Byron Bay Blues and Roots Fest and my shirt came undone and it was equally amazing and mortifying.
4. I taught myself how to play My Heart Will Go On on the recorder, through my nose, when I was 9.
5. I love frozen bananas.
6. I have a brother and a sister.
7. I love Harry Potter so much and I was a twihard and I am okay with it.
8. I can’t wait to have babies and a pantry full of jars filled at bulk food shops. Am I a boring yuppy? (I like to think I’m a maternal eco-warrier who likes Pinterest).
9. I love swimming and all things water until I can’t see the bottom, then I am convinced a sea monster will come and drag me to the depths of hell.
10. I have photographed Hanson and The Backstreet Boys.